Slate to hold wood down?

Nanci B

On 8/3/2022 at 9:24 AM, Flumpweesel said:

I think glue can be limited against the pull of larger pieces and often just gives up over time the trick is if it will last long enough for wood to get water logged 

certainly no harm in trying 

I am starting to think that glue will definitely have limitations. Do I need to use a special drill bit because of the slate? 

On 8/8/2022 at 9:18 AM, ACW said:

I'm surprised this got such a discussion going--Super Glue Gel (cyanoacrylate) is sold at AquariumCoop.com in the aquascaping section, so yeah, fish-safe.

I've used it for sticking wood to rocks and sticking plants to wood or rocks, and it works great. For small sticks, it really only takes a small dab to hold them down until they waterlog. It doesn't dry clear, so try to hide the glue points as best you can.

I’m surprised about getting such a conversation going myself, but I am enjoying all the input and ideas! 

On 8/3/2022 at 9:58 AM, Nanci B said:

@Flumpweesel, @Rusty Sprinkler 

thanks for the screw warning. I also saw another video from a well know aquascaper, and he used superglue. Anyone use superglue? 

any cyanoacrylate glue will work and is safe.  I recommend the gel version as it is thicker and easier to apply.  i have used both gorilla and traditional super glue on all my wood and plants