Diatom Algae on Plants

Parameters

ammonia 0ppm

nitrites 0ppm

Nitrates 20ppm

i have noticed what looks like diatom algae growing on some of the leaves of my plants. The Anubias are starting to yellow but the other plants still doing well, but also have this brown film. Can the fertilizer be causing this? I use easy green liquid fertilizer per pkg directions once a week

B2BF57BA-554C-4FC7-891E-BF339AEC1597.jpeg

D1917C36-0103-4218-969F-5F5479B3B6EE.jpeg

487D7BB2-EAAF-4041-8670-9C3071A83800.jpeg

I am no expert,   just by my own trouble ... have you tried adjusting the lights  to a lower intensity  or have you checked your tab waterout of the sink  ? That was my problem, still have trouble  but pre-treating my tab water before adding to tank and lowering  light  intensity help me   allot but If you add too much fertilizer I know affect the plants to .. I'm watching this thread, I am sure someone has a better answer than me  best wishes to you ..

Here is the ACO Guide's  Fight Algae  Algae Guide

Edited by Bev C
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2022 at 12:32 AM, Bev C said:

I am no expert,   just by my own trouble ... have you tried adjusting the lights  to a lower intensity  or have you checked your tab waterout of the sink  ? That was my problem, still have trouble  but pre-treating my tab water before adding to tank and lowering  light  intensity help me   allot but If you add too much fertilizer I know affect the plants to .. I'm watching this thread, I am sure someone has a better answer than me  best wishes to you ..

Here is the ACO Guide's  Fight Algae  Algae Guide

The next boy thing I can do with the lights is just turn them on g earlier. They are cheap LED lights that came with a kit so they aren’t anything special. 
I use easy green fertilizer once a week dosed according to the directions on the bottle, but maybe I should just half the dose for now?

Wishing you the best .. I have my light on a timer I would be lost without it, I started out  having it on for 6 hours and now for 7 hours.  And you will to experiment to see what works for you with the light it has helped me allot 

with The Easy Green I am not sure how  big your tank I started  1/4  of the dose of Easy Green   then I raised slowly   I went to 1/2 when I got more plants, and now I am using one dose per week of Easy Green , but I have lots more plants than when I started out ...  If you have lots  of plants  ,,, The more plants you have it helps  balance the tank too .

• Thanks 1