Ich x and expel p

Fishmomma

On 8/1/2022 at 12:04 PM, Fishmomma said:

Can I use Ich-x and expel-p at the same time?

You can.

Whenever you run Expel-P, black out the tank (cover with towels, turn off light) for 24 hours) then after 24 hours you gravel vac it really really well.  Repeat the process every 7 days for 2-3 weeks.

Do you know what kind of parasite it is?  Internal or external?

If their eating ok and have Sunken belly can be a sign of wasting disease ick x active ingredient is Malachite green and Expel p active ingredient is levamisole  are ok to use to together the two medication won't have a negative interaction levamisole can effect snails 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 12:56 PM, Fishmomma said:

I am not sure what type of Parasite it is. I showed a video of my fish to my lfs and it was suggested that he has sunken belly due to a parasite, as he still eats fine. They told me to try expel-p, but I wasn't sure if I could use it while I am using ich-x.

Yes you can.  Ich-X is for fungal stuff, Expel-P is for one set (mostly internal) parasites. 

Here is a really awesome video on the topic that discusses overall using meds and how to use them.  I'll also attach the one for paracleanse which discusses the reason for treating several weeks in a row.