Dwarf Chain Sword, First Runner!

@WhosTommyM congrats! That is a great trick, and it looks like it worked great for you! Trim it up and remove those dead leaves. The most helpful tip I have ever heard in plant keeping so far is to remember that plants don't heal themselves like we do. Once that leaf is dying, the plant is putting all it's energy into making a new leaf. I'd say, once they are brown and clear like that, there is nothing more that the plant can absorb from it.

• Love 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 8:36 PM, Patrick_G said:

It looks good! I’d take it out of the pot and divide it so you’ll get more coverage. You can trim the melting leaves at the same time. 

How soon can I cut the runner off from the main plant? I'm pretty sure this one is good but I probably should have done it sooner. Want to get the plant out of the pot. 

20220828_132349.jpg

20220828_132359.jpg

On 8/28/2022 at 10:34 AM, WhosTommyM said:

How soon can I cut the runner off from the main plant? I'm pretty sure this one is good but I probably should have done it sooner. Want to get the plant out of the pot. 

Yup, I would feel comfortable cutting it anytime. All those baby plants are growing on there own so you can get the mother plant out of the pot and move it. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2022 at 1:34 PM, WhosTommyM said:

20220828_132349.jpg

20220828_132359.jpg

I cut them pretty much once they have shoots with functional blades. At some point they become semi  invasive IMO! 

• Thanks 1