Cycle crashed while med trio

Mary Mckinny

My display tanks needed to be treated. I didn't currently have a quarantine tank, and my tanks showed signs of fish sickness but I wasn't sure exactly what so following the med trio instructions.

Dosed the meds late Friday night and was gone Saturday, Sunday morning my tanks are cloudy and I have 3 dead fish. Tested tank and ammonia is zero but nitrite is 1 and nitrates are 25. 

Should I do a water change and re dose? Or get something to lock the nitrite and let it cycle.

Really heartbroken right now but I'd like to ensure sickness is cleared from the tank so I can quarantine future fish in a proper quarantine tank and not have the display tank with illness again. 

What I would do is  test daily and do daily water changes to get your nitrites to zero and add a double dose of prime to help detoxify any nitrites till your nitrite constantly stay at zero for a couple of days if you fish are sick better to medicated their food less likely to harm your benefial bacteria what symptoms are your fish displaying that lead you to treat

They were rubbing, randomly but no spot, the eyes on some were all black but not really buldging out of the head, a few died. So in short I didn't know what so I followed the med trio instructions. If I do a water change, that distrups the med cycle. Should I water change and then redose?

Edited by Mary Mckinny
Spelling

On 7/17/2022 at 9:02 PM, Mary Mckinny said:

They were rubbing, randomly but no spot, the eyes on some were all black but not really buldging out of the head, a few died. So in short I didn't know what so I followed the med trio instructions. If I do a water change, that distrups the med cycle. Should I water change and then redose?

What I would do is a water change and do a course of paracleanse in food that will allow you to do daily water changes to keep your nitrites down if your seeing symptoms that require antibiotic treatment such as maracyn I would follow up with a course in food 

IMG_20220714_201252.jpg

IMG_20220714_201455.jpg