Need advice cycling tank

Nia

Hey guys! I'm new to fish keeping and I am currently cycling my tank. This may be a dumb question, but I don't know the answer. Naturally, condensation happens and lowers water levels in the tank, so I am wondering if topping off my tank with dechlorinated water is okay. Will it disrupt my cycle? 

No that's absolutely fine, normally the volume you add to top off isn't enough to slow down the cycle. 

Topping off isn't like a water change as you aren't removing anything when water is lost through evaporation it's only water that goes all the other stuff that is in aquarium water stays behind getting more concentrated adding more clean water just puts it back to the concentration prior to the evaporation.

Hope that reads ok I'm a bit sleepy. 

• Like 2

Nope, should be good. Another good thing to do is add some beneficial bacteria. It’ll eventually come if you drop some food in the water but you can also buy it by the bottle. I’ve used in all my tanks and I personally swear by it. I will even use it in the event of a crash and it brings it right back to life.

Fritzyme 7 freshwater and they have a more concentrated version I’d recommend getting from your LFS Fritzyme 700 Turbostart.

• Like 1