Newbie Fish Food Question

FLFishChik

Currently, I have a 29g community tank that’s home to 16 Cardinal Tetra, 6 Panda Corydoras, 5 Nerite Snails, 6 Ghost Shrimp and soon to be Betta. I also have a 5.5g tank with 1 Betta, 1 Nerite and 3 Ghost Shrimp.

I currently feed Xtreme nano as a staple food 4 days per week, 1 day I feed freeze dried Daphnia, and 1 day I feed freeze dried Bloodworms (I feed sinking wafers to Cory’s 3 times a week).  I fast them on day 7.  I tried feeding Hikari Vibra Bites and Fluval bug bites but only the Betta seems interested in those- they seem a bit too big for the Cardinal Tera.
Is this enough variety for them?

B759397D-461D-428B-B416-0684D1E3C641.jpeg

040E879E-33D3-45BA-ABFB-A8C9571C7EE4.jpeg

Seems like a good diet to me. I think you are on the right path. 
Going to live foods, is something you could dabble in, but certainly isn’t required. 
My fish are with yours - none of them really like bug bites, no matter how small I crunch them up or how big the fish is (that can easily swallow them). 

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2022 at 6:28 PM, FLFishChik said:

I tried feeding Hikari Vibra Bites and Fluval bug bites but only the Betta seems interested in those- they seem a bit too big for the Cardinal Tera.
Is this enough variety for them?

Plenty!

I try to have 3-4 foods, feed a different one every day, fast one day a week. 

The corys should go after the vibra bites eventually.  I'd recommend trying those on the day after fasting and see how they do.  If you have some very small fish that can't figure out how to bite it, I would try crushing a little bit of it when you put it in the tank and it will turn into very small food for the top and mid level feeders.  Corys are designed to eat them, so they will definitely figure it out.

Be sure to hit up the Panda Cory Appreciation thread.  I posted some of mine going absolutely bonkers for brine shrimp today.  I think I have a few up there of them eating the vibra bites as well.

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2022 at 9:37 PM, ccc24 said:

Seems like a good diet to me. I think you are on the right path. 
Going to live foods, is something you could dabble in, but certainly isn’t required. 
My fish are with yours - none of them really like bug bites, no matter how small I crunch them up or how big the fish is (that can easily swallow them). 

I think I’ll eventually dabble in live foods but now, I’m just trying to get a rhythm going 😂

On 7/12/2022 at 9:44 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

The corys should go after the vibra bites eventually.  I'd recommend trying those on the day after fasting and see how they do.  If you have some very small fish that can't figure out how to bite it, I would try crushing a little bit of it when you put it in the tank and it will turn into very small food for the top and mid level feeders. 

Thanks! I’ll try crushing it a bit more and see how it goes, if anything, the Betta will eat it!

• Like 1