I Did A Thing..(a Good One)

FLFishChik

On 7/9/2022 at 8:04 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Very nice! And the plants will help keep the water quality good for the fish.

I think after I add more that they’ll help, but it doesn’t look like I made much of an impact with the 3 I added 😂

On 7/9/2022 at 8:11 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I had part plastic and part live for a while. Cost-wise I wanted to space out my purchases. I bought Easy Green with the plants. Your sword is going to want some root tabs; swords are heavy feeders.

Thank you for that info! I’ve been trying to figure out what type of plant it is and what it needs. All I found out was it was an Argentine Sword… but that was it, couldn’t really find any care info. I’ll have to buy some root tabs now!

I am spacing out the live plants as well for cost reasons (there’s already over $600 into this tank already lol). But I’m not in a rush. I got nuttin but time!

Edited by FLFishChik
Added info

On 7/9/2022 at 9:11 PM, Cinnebuns said:

Nice work!  I did the same. Started with all fake and slowly replaced with live. Now I think I have too many different species going on because I kept saying "oh I wanna try that!" Haha. Welcome to the world of aquatic plants!

Thanks! Yeah, I can see myself getting sucked into the rabbit hole of Live plants!😂

On 7/9/2022 at 9:26 PM, John Henry said:

Luv the school of pandas checking out the new live plant.  Are those juveniles, they look so inquisitive?

I believe they are juveniles. I got them from Aqua Huna. They are a very entertaining bunch. They are my favorite tank occupants so far! They get the zoomies first thing in the morning, then again in the afternoon. Crazy little catfish!