All of my snails died!

Aqua junky

Yes as @AtomCatMattand @ange state, you should only dose easy green that you need. The recommended dosage is IF your plants are using it. You do have plants in your tank, but from the pic, my personnel assessment is that it is lightly planted.

Keep your water change schedule as normal, but back off on the 'easy products'. Monitor your Nitrates, and how 'happy' your plants are looking.

This may take a month or two to see an appreciable change depending on what is going on.

Another question that came to mind is your lighting. Is it on a timer? If so, how long is it on each day?

The recommendation for a planted tank is having a light on a timer for around 8 hrs per day, give or take depending on your situation.

I would suggest adding more plants if you like them. This will also help your nitrate situation.

From your pic, it appears that you have some space for 'pothos'. These are house plants you pick up at your local flower shop, nursery or home improvement store.

Here is one example I found on line.

Good luck getting your nitrates in check.

ZEiIin2.jpg

Edited by Dandy Pearl

On 10/23/2020 at 10:26 PM, Dandy Pearl said:

Yes as @AtomCatMattand @ange state, you should only dose easy green that you need. The recommended dosage is IF your plants are using it. You do have plants in your tank, but from the pic, my personnel assessment is that it is lightly planted.

Keep your water change schedule as normal, but back off on the 'easy products'. Monitor your Nitrates, and how 'happy' your plants are looking.

This may take a month or two to see an appreciable change depending on what is going on.

Another question that came to mind is your lighting. Is it on a timer? If so, how long is it on each day?

The recommendation for a planted tank is having a light on a timer for around 8 hrs per day, give or take depending on your situation.

I would suggest adding more plants if you like them. This will also help your nitrate situation.

From your pic, it appears that you have some space for 'pothos'. These are house plants you pick up at your local flower shop, nursery or home improvement store.

ZEiIin2.jpg

Added the Pothos so let's see how it does. I'm going to take a picture once a week to document growth! Thanks again 

20201026_192552.jpg

20201026_192555.jpg

20201026_192601.jpg

20201026_192547.jpg

On 10/21/2020 at 2:28 PM, Mclovin said:

frets. with a water softener I think my water is still hard. I do have a CH&KH liquid test kit and if I'm reading it correctly my water is still hard. When I get off work and home I'll test again and post my results maybe someone can help with the readings cause to be honest I teat but not sure how to convert the drops to PPM. And as far as the fish they always seem to leave them alone.  And my Nitrates seem to be relatively high even b4 the death of my snails!  I'll do a complete parameter test and post all results here after while. Thanks for the input.  Keep it fishy Friends and fellow Nerms

I heard from Cory it’s more then just hardness how are the calcium levels? But agree could of been bullied to death that they stayed in the shells and starved 

8 hours ago, Dandy Pearl said:

Those look nice @Mclovin. They'll look really great when they grow in.

I hope so! I even went as far to buy a growing lamp to ensure it. I've always been passionate about life. And when my snails died I felt guilty that they died because of my ignorance. So I'm willing to do whatever it takes to ensure the lives I have left in the tank not only survive but thrive. I'd fill the whole back of the tank with pothos if I must!! My wife's not to thrilled about it but she knows me and supports me in what makes me happy.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:26 PM, Dandy Pearl said:

ZEiIin2.jpg

My Pothos roots have turned from white color to a brown like they are rotting. Is this normal?  I was also worried they wouldn't get sufficient lighting so I added a grow light setup!?!?!? Good idea or bad idea 

20201031_145613.jpg