Gold Spot Dwarf Plecos

sankaz

On 11/15/2023 at 6:28 PM, Foxsfish said:

What I REALLY need is an L# for this guy so I can reliably source more of them.

Maybe master breeder Dean might know?

THANKS

You should be able to source more with the scientific binomial also.  The L numbers are usually only used before a species has been scientifically described and given a binomial.  The binomial Genus species assigned is the official name.  The L numbers are only stop gap designations.

Foxsfish, as someone who breeds Pitbull Plecos (Parotocinclus Jumbo), I can definitely confirm that these are not them. These are definitely parotocinclus, and closely related to P Jumbo judging from the head and body shapes, but the previous species ID is probably right. Normally with P Jumbo, the confusion is between them and some of the Chaetostoma plecos, (Bulldogs & Rubber Lips). Your LFS seems to have found an all new way to get the species ID wrong.

P Jumbo does color match, but you'll notice that these fish are against a white background, which would make P Jumbo gradually go super light, not dark. Unless there's a whole bunch of black sand or gravel off camera, you're looking at the default color for these. If you do find a source for these, do share. Cool fish.

• Like 2