A quick look at breeding results

Marc

On 6/16/2022 at 6:40 PM, Marc said:

Curious to hear about others success. I am actively trying to stop my live bearers from breeding and failed at breeding neon tetras.

I took a stab at documenting it in a 2 min video. 

https://youtu.be/wQ6so4XUoGQ

Fantastic breeding projects! I noticed your marbles covering a tank bottom. Did that help you with Barb breeding? You could begin a journal her eon the forum and add a link to your signature for folks to follow. I'm an amateur breeder, and really appreciate learning from others. I've never tried Neons or Cardinals, but my water may be soft enough to try it.

Currently raising baby German Blue Rams, Rainbow Shiners, Guppies, Electric Blue Acaras, Emerald Killifish, and I'm working with Nothobranchius rachovii and Nothobranchius guentheri. A young Discus pair are breeding, but haven't figured everything out yet.

On 6/16/2022 at 6:44 PM, Fish Folk said:

Fantastic breeding projects! I noticed your marbles covering a tank bottom. Did that help you with Barb breeding? You could begin a journal her eon the forum and add a link to your signature for folks to follow. I'm an amateur breeder, and really appreciate learning from others. I've never tried Neons or Cardinals, but my water may be soft enough to try it.

Currently raising baby German Blue Rams, Rainbow Shiners, Guppies, Electric Blue Acaras, Emerald Killifish, and I'm working with Nothobranchius rachovii and Nothobranchius guentheri. A young Discus pair are breeding, but haven't figured everything out yet.

I do think the marbles helped, I would have still had some but this kept them from getting nearly any of the eggs.  My water is pretty hard but I collected a lot of rainwater in March just to try to breed the tetras and rasboras.  I'll convert the fry to harder water through water changes. I only had 5 neons left so I may have been dealing with only 1 sex, kind of hard to tell when they get full size.

I may try to chronicle, I'm a bit inconsistent with my time and pictures.

Nice breeding projects, how hard is it to get the rainbow shiners to breed?

• Like 1