A dream holiday for fish lovers

Penny

I was wondering if you could share your experiences and/or recommendations for your best holiday (or local to your area) fish experiences. Id love to go diving or visit a super epic aquarium. I live in England but anywhere is an option with the exception of places that i'd need a live vaccine for.

Edited by Penny

On 6/13/2022 at 10:52 PM, Penny said:

I was wondering if you could share your experiences and/or recommendations for your best holiday (or local to your area) fish experiences. Id love to go diving or visit a super epic aquarium. I live in England but anywhere is an option with the exception of places that i'd need a live vaccine for.

I would try to find a lagoon.

• Thanks 1

Before the pandemic I might have recommended the big island in Hawaii. Make friends with the locals and they will take you to secret beaches to swim with friendly sharks and dolphins. Or hangout with a female 35 year old moray eel. But the pandemic and island life is very stressful and it seems the locals need a chance to recover.

The Vancouver aquarium in British Columbia is one of my all time favorites and if you are an outdoorsy person hanging out in Whistler village in the summer is just as fun as the winter and arguably just as busy. Plus the food and nightlife in BC is amazing! You can also go on diving tours here. We have some of the most beautiful diving in the world on the west coast as well. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2022 at 8:05 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

Before the pandemic I might have recommended the big island in Hawaii. Make friends with the locals and they will take you to secret beaches to swim with friendly sharks and dolphins. Or hangout with a female 35 year old moray eel. But the pandemic and island life is very stressful and it seems the locals need a chance to recover.

For those that can't go, but want to experience some of it.  Bon Appetit has a series with Brad Leone and he does indeed go to Hawaii.  Highly recommended.

On 6/14/2022 at 8:05 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

The Vancouver aquarium in British Columbia is one of my all time favorites and if you are an outdoorsy person hanging out in Whistler village in the summer is just as fun as the winter and arguably just as busy. Plus the food and nightlife in BC is amazing! You can also go on diving tours here. We have some of the most beautiful diving in the world on the west coast as well. 

Very cool to hear.  There is also whale watching trips on the west coast too, depending what time. (and maybe if you're lucky you'll get to see a great white shark!)

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Thanks 1