This TB or something less panic worthy?

tnnlynch

IMG_1527.JPG.53ba02f60772f8f8ba91455217f4425c.JPG

This guy was not looking a little thin last week but he has always been the smallest of the danio's so I wasn't worried yet. Packing and moving my daughter kept me busy for a few days with minimal tank time.  I noticed today he looked horrible and is staying at the top of the tank.  I moved him to my hastily setup hospital tank with some salt. The other danios, barbs, corys, shrimp and snails look healthy and active.  No new tank members this year other than some cherry shrimp from another of my tanks.  The danios are a little over a year old.

Water parameters are normal for this reasonably heavily planted 29g tank.  NO3: 25 (usually swings from 25-50), NO2: Zero, HG 300+, KH 40 (generally 40-60),  PH 6.6.    My tap KH is 80 and PH 6.8 so both drop over the week in-between water changes. 

Thoughts? Would you treat with anything else?

Edited by tnnlynch
Added information.

On 5/31/2022 at 3:04 AM, tnnlynch said:

Sorry, that is the light at the top of the tank.  His coloration is normal. No spots or sores.

If he's eating ok and still losing weight and developing a sunken belly it could be wasting disease the recommended treatment is levamisole that the active ingredient in  Fritz Expel p 

Unfortunately he has stopped eating an now is lying on the bottom of the tank. No reaction to the Expel-P.  Might be something else or I just got to him too late.  I will see how he looks tomorrow.

Edited by tnnlynch
Typo
  • Sad 1