Aquarium plant recommendation

subramn

i was wondering whether this plant -  Anacharis Elodea Densa Egeria is good to be added to guppies tank ?

if so where can i get it and is guppy grass recommended ? i was trying to find , but not able to find a decent one , in that case whether java moss is a better replacement?

please advice

I believe I have that in my guppy tanks (and others). Java moss is fine but much slower growing for me. Both java moss and guppy grass entangle themselves with hair algae to a worse extent than most other plants I have tried. For my guppy grass I was able to buy a clump either on Etsy or Ebay and it’s gone nuts from there, but from what I understand it doesn’t necessarily ship well. 

You may have luck with your local aquarium club too. I think I’ve seen some in stores but not frequently. 

Yes, for guppies any combination of those three is fine. All three grow in a few of my tanks along with the aforementioned hair algae 😅 

Other options you could look at include hornwort (can cause issues if it grows a ton and then dies back abruptly), and water sprite (available through the co-op frequently), subwassertang, Christmas moss, and Taiwan moss. All of these have the same heavy cover that lets baby fry hide.