Looking for a good heater guard!

ange

I'm getting back into bettas thanks to @Irene and Foo the Flowerhorn. Does anyone know of where I can purchase a heater cover like the one used in the attached image? The heater that I have currently and want to use is an Aqueon 50W without the suction cups. I had thoughts of using this guard but I'm unsure if it will fit + FakeSpot has flagged the seller with warnings.

Image is a screenshot from this video by Foo the Flowerhorn.

image.png.9f1f0adf7c5ff110031385303a4929fa.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steph’s Fish and Plants said:

Interested to see on if anyone finds anything. In addition to freshwater tanks I’ve been hankering to do a saltwater mantis shrimp setup, and they’ve been known to go after and break heaters, so I’d like something like that as well.

I've never kept mantis shrimp so this is pure speculation, but perhaps have a look at Fluval's heater or the Aqueon Pro. Both of them are built to be shatter-resistant. I have an Aqueon Pro for my 50 hex but don't keep anything that really threatens breaking it so I haven't stress tested it.

3 hours ago, Irene said:

Wow, I can't wait to see how this tank (and the betta fish) turns out! Interested to see what others have to say about the heater guard.

Since Amazon's return policy applies to the link I shared, I'll be having a test with it. I'm modding a Marineland Portrait tank for this and could potentially place the heater inside the internal filter? I'm unsure how efficient it would be but I'm willing to try anything once since I have plenty of time to experiment before adding livestock.

• Like 1