Bloated Angelfish and Struggling Peppered Cories

joemon02

My 90 gallon tank has been presenting some problems lately. The angelfish I only recently bought appears bloated. Could this be constipation? I'm hesitant to say it's dropsy because the scales don't appear to be splaying out. I also find it hard to believe that the issue is overfeeding, the angel is competing with my silvertip tetras, so it doesn't exactly get a chance to gorge itself. What's the best course of action here?

Additionally, one of my peppered cories has been laying on its side today, and clearly breathing quite heavily. When I got a better look I noticed a red blotch on its underside. Is it possible this is ammonia burn?

My Parameters:

pH = 7

Nitrate = 5ppm

Nitrite = 0ppm 

Ammonia = 0ppm

Temp = 26°C

IMG_5462.jpg

IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5466.jpg

Edited by joemon02

On 5/22/2022 at 12:04 AM, joemon02 said:

My 90 gallon tank has been presenting some problems lately. The angelfish I only recently bought appears bloated. Could this be constipation? I'm hesitant to say it's dropsy because the scales don't appear to be splaying out. I also find it hard to believe that the issue is overfeeding, the angel is competing with my silvertip tetras, so it doesn't exactly get a chance to gorge itself. What's the best course of action here?

Additionally, one of my peppered cories has been laying on its side today, and clearly breathing quite heavily. When I got a better look I noticed a red blotch on its underside. Is it possible this is ammonia burn?

My Parameters:

pH = 7

Nitrate = 5ppm

Nitrite = 0ppm 

Ammonia = 0ppm

Temp = 26°C

IMG_5462.jpg

IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5466.jpg

If you have 0 ammonia it can’t be ammonia poisoning. My guess would be bacterial or fungal because those can create red lesions 

Theirs two that could be affecting your Cory's it I've injured itself or its got red blotch disease I would think it has injured itself I would Qarantine if you can or put h in a breeder box and add an extra air stone to increase levels of desolved oxygen you could add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 at that level it won't harm your Cory and it will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes or you could do a course of maracyn as   he's not doing to good  the bloating your angelfish has could be caused by over eating or constipation have you noticed him pass anything if not I would fast for a couple of days and do Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 2 gallons as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxants to help with constipation