Celestial pearl danios in a 2.5 gallon

Looking forward to seeing them out of the bag in there!

I know you're not asking for input.... But! I would keep a close eye on the ammonia levels for the next week. Feed light and then gradually increase. Even if your fully cycled in that tank. Smaller tanks can be finicky, especially with heavy stocking.

Aside from that, keep an eye out for aggression as they mature. Males fight for dominance and if the submissive males cannot get away, the dominant male may harass the lessers to death. Be on the watch for nipped/torn/ragged fins. If you see this happening you may want to move them into a 10 or 20 gallon. The chasing usually isn't an issue if the lesser males can get away.

Out of all my tanks, my 2.6g was the most finicky and challenging to reach equilibrium.

• Like 1

🎉 CONGRATULATIONS!  you are going to love these. I have them in 3 tanks right now 🥰I agree with @Minanora watch for aggression.  Mine were in a 10g moved to a 20Long group of 10.  It reduced squabbling but did not eliminate it. Now they live as group of 15 in a 40 breeder and use every inch top to bottom.  (I’m adding another 15-20 of their children when they grow out) with pleco and snails and their kids are in the 20long. These are high energy fish and not having enough room to run off that energy so to speak they squabble.  They do best in my experience in larger area tanks than a 2.5 gallon when they reach adulthood. (Always a fun excuse for another tank 🤩)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1