Aquarium lid advice...

SC Fish

Hey so I have a tropical tank currently (40 x 25cm) and for the last 2 and a half months its been set up ive been using packaging foam as the lid , until i figure out what lid i need.  The tank has Endler guppies which i found out are jumpers, the hard way , so i do need a lid. 

Also i dont want to use netting (which i had concidered) because its a heated tank and with the current lid it keeps a warm steady temperature in the water because the air is warmer with the foam lid. (will have the same effect with acrilic or anything solid but i need to put holes in it)

My question is , should i use an acrilic sheet as the lid? If so , will this hurt the fish if they jump into the lid? 

Or are there more lid options i have not concidered?

On 4/25/2022 at 12:11 PM, SC Fish said:

My question is , should i use an acrilic sheet as the lid? If so , will this hurt the fish if they jump into the lid? 

Or are there more lid options i have not concidered?

Can you show a picture of the tank?  Rim or rimless? 

If you want to use plastic, get lexan, acrylic will wilt over time.  There is also something like netting you can use or places that may already have a lit for you that you can simply purchase.  You can also just get a sheet of glass and cut it to size.