Roots Above Gravel?

Just planted various plants in my tank a week ago, and now I'm seeing what I believe are roots from my stem plants.  Not sure if I'm over fertilizing, but I am using easy green twice a week and Seachem flourish for the carbon supplement.  Is this just a sign that I have to cut the stem below the new root node and propagate the new plant?

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

Sounds good, sorry for the newbie topic, but thanks for the answer.  Does cutting the stems under the roots ensure that the plant can continue to grow if I replant it?  Not sure if the mayaca gets bushy if I continue to cut the stem.

The bottom portion of the plant should branch out with two or more new stems, and the top portion of the plant will grow roots.

I often try to cut just below the dangling roots, so that the new cutting already has roots. I think it gives the cutting a head start. It also gets rid of all those dangling roots.

• Like 1

I do the same thing @Widgets does. Though depending on which tank I'm cutting from, the cut stem may only produce one branch from below where I cut it. While in other tanks some of the plants start branching without me even cutting them. Same species and sub varieties. Kinda fun to see the differences between tanks with the same species. 😃

• Like 1