Not Eating in Quarantine

Silhouette

I currently have one of my ember tetras in a 5gal quarantine tank. It looked to have the beginnings of cotton mouth, and I'm pretty sure it's one of my new fish recently added. I decided to separate it because it was the only one showing signs of this, plus it was in a planted tank and I read you can try to use aquarium salt to get rid of cotton mouth without meds (in Canada).

My worry is that he's now not eating in the quarantine tank. Swims around a bit but mostly stays in one place and apparently has no appetite. It's been a couple days now already. I'm really stressed out that in the process of trying to keep the sick fish quarantined, it's going to end up dying of starvation anyway. Anyone have any tips on what I could do?

If you have access to ick x active ingredient is malachite green that treats cotton mouth if not a high dose of Aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 1 gallon or methylene blue are effective if he not eating you could try some seachems garlic guard to help stimulate his appetite

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 2:39 PM, Colu said:

If you have access to ick x active ingredient is malachite green that treats cotton mouth if not a high dose of Aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 1 gallon or methylene blue are effective if he not eating you try some seachems garlic guard to help stimulate his appetite

Thank you! Can't get Ich X but it looks like I might be able to get methylene blue. Right now I have the fish in a tank with salt & some indian almond leaves. I'll try the garlic guard as well, thank you 🙂 Do you know when I should be seeing improvements (if he's going to improve)?