Mystery Snail Eggs

arielroxi

So my mystery snail just left me a clutch of eggs. Not sure how this happened since she's the only mystery snail in the aquarium. Unless the pond snails have been having their way with her. My question is how to I get rid of them? I don't have the capacity to raise them and I don't want them to cause a imbalance in my aquarium. Can I just scrap them off and toss them. (Sorry it sounds so cruel.) Thanks for any help.

On 4/8/2022 at 5:53 PM, arielroxi said:

So my mystery snail just left me a clutch of eggs. Not sure how this happened since she's the only mystery snail in the aquarium. Unless the pond snails have been having their way with her. My question is how to I get rid of them? I don't have the capacity to raise them and I don't want them to cause a imbalance in my aquarium. Can I just scrap them off and toss them. (Sorry it sounds so cruel.) Thanks for any help.

That can be done, yes.

Female Mystery Snails can lay batches of infertile eggs. Moreover, they can save sperm from a male Mystery Snail for over a hundred days, and lay fertilized eggs from that prior spawning.

• Like 1

@arielroxi  when i bought my first mystery snails. the pet store  told me there was two ways to get rid of them  1: break the sac  in the  tank and let the fish eat them or  2: take the sac and freeze the sac for 2-3 days and then throw them away  I just wanted to be sure they are not in my tank i put them in a ziplock bag and inside a butter bowl  freeze for 2-3 days before trash them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1