Fritz Complete Water Conditioner and prime

subramn

I’m not quite sure why you’d wanna add both at the same time? I believe they both do essentially the same thing. Also, do you have a way of getting any cycled filter media from another tank, be it yours or a buddies or your LFS? I’d also suggest if you can get some using bottled bacteria from Fritz or similar, that may help as well. That’s what I would do. What size tank do you have and how many guppies? Also, what filtration are you using?

Edited by Steph’s Fish and Plants
Added a question about filtration

Theres no point to adding both, you'd just be double dosing. Try a bacteria supplement, I like stability from seachem but I've heard Fritz has some good stuff too. And control your feedings. When starting a new tank try feeding only once the first week, then twice the second week (spaced out the time) three time the thrid week, and so on and so on...build your way up to feeding every day and try to measure out the amount of food your feeding each time (measuring spoons work great)...enough for everyone to eat but not so much food is being left behind, uneaten food is a huge source of ammonia...above all test and keep testing. About a half hour after a feed dose stability. After 4hours test, if your ammonia levels are highish then dose with prime. Prime will bind with the ammonia, detoxing it for about 24 hours giving the bacteria a chance to process it. When your tank clouds up, let it, don't fight the cloud, the cloud is bacteria multiplying in order to process the ammonia. It will clear up with time. Only do a water change if your ammonia levels are through the roof. Remember if you do a water change to remove ammonia you are removing the food for the bacterial and this will increase the time for the "right" amount of bacteria to grow. So only do a water change in extreme circumstances.