Panda cory fry sensitivity

Cinnebuns

On 3/31/2022 at 3:00 PM, Cinnebuns said:

How sensitive are panda cory fry to changing water parameters

Temperature is the big one, especially just based on needing very specific flow/oxygenation usually. They might need softer flow than the adults (something I tend to focus on) but temps are always critically consistent. PH swings aren't good but "close enough" should be fine. Height of the tank is another thing I keep an eye on because they have to swim to the top to breathe.

Keep an eye on how fast they move their mouth and gill cover. If it's extremely fast that is when there will be some concerns and I would start with salt and checking the above to make them comfortable.

Pandas are extremely hearty and very good at keeping on.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:00 PM, Cinnebuns said:

Basically would it be rough on them to go from egg till a couple days old (when they start eating) in a hang on breeder box on one tank to a breeder box on a different tank?

They would be fine. I would give them cover in the tank, they are very smart about avoiding predators. Wood, rocks, I've had mine find their way in so many crevaces. When you feed them they will come out and you can move them. If they still have egg sacks or something, they are too young to be moved, essentially, but that might just be me and how I handle mine.