Your Fish Stuff Veggie Wafers

Mark Knutson

I was wondering if anyone has experience with "Your Fish Stuff veggie Wafers".  I am feeding this is the main diet for my reticulent hill stream loaches. They seem to be doing good with it and have even multiplied in my 26 gallon tank I keep them in.  They don't get excited when I drop the wafers in the tank although they eat them eventually. Maybe they are night time feeders. The top ingredients in order listed on the product package are:  Wheat flour, Fish Meal, Wheat germ, Alfalfa Meal, Soy Meal, followed by a mixture  of plants and vegtables. Is this a proper diet for them or do you recommend something else? Thanks in advance,  Mark

On 3/25/2022 at 9:09 PM, Mark Knutson said:

Where do you buy it.  I searched amazon for sera spirulina onips and didn't see it listed.

https://www.amazon.com/Sera-920-Spirulina-Tabs-Table/dp/B00178NK3I

The coop used to have them but were removed once there was a change to something to brand it as their natural series.  They are available on Amazon, Petco, PetSmart, etc. In the US it's pretty much only online.

I didn't have success w/the Spirulina tabs.  Mainly because my Mollies loved them so much that they devoured them before my slower feeding Borneo Spotted loaches could get to them.   I have been feeding my loaches New Life Spectrum Algaemax wafers and the good thing about them is that they are algae wafers where the main ingredient is algae vs fish meal in the more mainstream algae wafers.  I have also seen my bristlenose and borneos dive for Omega One shrimp pellets even though I really dropping them in for the cordoras.   Bristlenose will especially gobble the shrimp pellets up.   The other thing I like to feed my borneo spotted loaches is Repashy Soilent Green.