Help! New Amazon Puffers Died

Jamo1444

Hello, 

This is my first post here but I had a issue arrive this morning and wanted some advice.

I purchased some Amazon puffers from a online retailer (I won’t name it because I don’t think that’s the right thing to do). They all arrived alive and I acclimated  them properly, I made sure they werent exposed to air. They all seemed to be doing well. 

This morning when I woke to go to work 3 of the 6 where dead and my wife messaged me 3 hours later and the other 3 are dead.

They are in a 10 gallon QT tank with airstone  and a sponge filter I keep in my 75 gallon African Cichlid Tank to keep it seeded. 

The parameters were 76 degrees, 5ppm nitrate, 0ppm nitrate and ammonia. 

The only thing I added was the quartine med trio according to the instructions.  I did not feed the fish. 

Any help on what may have happened will be appreciated. 

Thanks In advance 

It's possible they were in a weaken state and the medication pushed them over the edge or it could be osmotic shock if the water from the place they came  from had big difference in water parameters

Edited by Colu

I contacted the company that I bought the fish from and they said that because I chose to medicate the fish, they will not issue even partial credit. There thinking the meds killed the fish. 

Should I press the issue with the company? Or just eat the $200 and let it go?