Bloated/swim bladder Beta

Adam W

My Beta is in bad trouble. As you can see by the picture he is either bloated or a swim bladder problem or both. He has been like this for a while. I treated him with Melafix for a week, then Pimafix for a week. I posted on a Beta Facebook page and got blasted for those(sorry, I’m learning). I have given him a soak of 1 TBS Epsom salt in 1gallon of water 5 times (over 5 days). No change. I have not fed him for 4 days. I don’t want to starve him and I don’t know what else to do. Any suggestions?

23317C09-DEAF-4738-A526-3E8F3137037B.jpeg

I would raise the temperature to 80F I wouldn't treat with melafix or primafix they are oil base herbal treatments and not good for fish with  labyrinth organs such as Bettas gourami's aren't very effective treatment they are like a mild antiseptic treatment at best I would start feeding him again a small amount of frozen daphnia or brine shrimp and add a small amount of aquarium salt to his  1 table spoon for 3 gallons  they Will aid in Gill function and add essential electrolytes is he having any trouble swimming such as swimming to the top of the tank and just floating back down