light source for 110 gallon

Native Keeper

Hi everyone, it's been a while!

I'm currently working on my 110-gallon goldfish tank, and I want to get a light for it. it's a stock tank, so it won't have a lid. I would like something that would concentrate the light on one side of the tank, so there is a darker side for new fish to hide in. Any ideas will be considered, thx in advance!

@Native Keeper  I keep my goldfish and some danios in a 100 gallon rubbermaid stock tank over the winter and put them out in a pond in the summer.  In the house I have 2 4 foot super cheap old shoplights hung over it.  On the back side the light is about 8 inches below the ceiling - way above the tank.  On the front side the light hangs about 2 feet above the tank.  I grow val on one end - it grows on both sides of the tank no problem; and I have pond plants on rock risers - on the other end, they seem to grow toward the lower light a bit, but not much.  This set up has been working for 2 full years, and made 2 baby danios last summer when the fish went outside.

Have fun and good luck with the decision you make.

There are budget options for spotlight type DIY lights. @Isaac M has a couple that look nice. There’s also the lomine lights if you're working with a medium budget.

Lominie LED Aquarium Light, Dimmer Control 0-100% Brightness 50W Planted Fish Tank Light Asta120 Clamp Clip Lamp for Freshwater Refugium Algae Fish Tank with Gooseneck (F120 50W Freshwater) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075H8CP6C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_VJHEP5E99BW4GJ3CXS9Y

099DABC2-4D97-4232-B12D-9DDBE5B0FDF7.jpeg.666cc1b607b4a2841ad9a472f834b3ef.jpeg

• Like 1