Snail ID and Hillstream Loaches

Cinnebuns

First. I found these baby snails in my tank. There are 2 possible sources. I had 8 Japanese trapdoor snails in my tank for a few days and I recently got plants (from coop).

Onto hillstream loaching. Wondering people's opinions in keeping them in community tanks. It's like a tug of war to find an answer and both sides are stubborn. Videos by coop suggest they breed in other conditions so do fine in a community. Despite this info, some people I am talking to still insist they need large space and high flow. Considering getting one in my 29 community tank but want to make sure it's a wise decision. 

20220304_154819.jpg

20220304_154220.jpg

On 3/4/2022 at 4:50 PM, modified lung said:

Those could be baby Japanese trapdoors. They look kind of like squished versions of the adults.

That's really what I'm hoping they are. I did sell off the 8 adults and 8 babies I had yesterday but I might raise these, given that's truly what they are. I'm beginning to think it is. I put them in the fry tank for now. 

The only requirement for hillstream loaches is dissolved oxygen. They don’t necessarily need flow but they will display natural behavior if you do want to go that route. Even just a small fan <120gph is enough to give a nice stream.

I will be keeping them in 71 degree temps which is just naturally what my water sits at. 

I second or 3rd the trapdoor ID.

• Like 1