water test help

scott the fishman

• Ammonia looks to be between .25-.50ppm (but on the lower end)
  • Iron - 0
  • Copper - 0
  • Nitrate - 0
  • Nitrite - 0
  • GH - maybe around 25-50? (closer to 50)
  • Chlorine - 0
  • Alkalinity - between 40-80 (closer to 40)
  • Carbon - between 80-120 (closer to 120)
  • pH - 6.4-6.8

Anyone feel free to correct or adjust anything.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 4:36 PM, AndreaW said:
  • Ammonia looks to be between .25-.50ppm (but on the lower end)
  • Iron - 0
  • Copper - 0
  • Nitrate - 0
  • Nitrite - 0
  • GH - maybe around 25-50? (closer to 50)
  • Chlorine - 0
  • Alkalinity - between 40-80 (closer to 40)
  • Carbon - between 80-120 (closer to 120)
  • pH - 6.4-6.8

Anyone feel free to correct or adjust anything.

thank you just did a WC will do another one tomorrow to get the ammonia down to zero

On 2/24/2022 at 4:42 PM, scott the fishman said:

thank you just did a WC will do another one tomorrow to get the ammonia down to zero

We don't change water to get rid of ammonia, that is the filters job.

That amount is very small but keep an eye on it, if it doesn't go down in a mature cycled tank I would get a bigger filter or set it up differently. I have read you can see .25 even with a good mature filter but I have never seen that.

What do you have for a filter and how many fish? 

Seeing zero nitrate I'm guessing a fairly new tank? Have you tried to cycle it? Is that what you are doing now?

All the other parameters look great.

On 2/25/2022 at 8:58 AM, Wrencher_Scott said:

We don't change water to get rid of ammonia, that is the filters job.

That amount is very small but keep an eye on it, if it doesn't go down in a mature cycled tank I would get a bigger filter or set it up differently. I have read you can see .25 even with a good mature filter but I have never seen that.

What do you have for a filter and how many fish? 

Seeing zero nitrate I'm guessing a fairly new tank? Have you tried to cycle it? Is that what you are doing now?

All the other parameters look great.

i have two hang on the backs. one is the marineland penguin 400 pro the other is the seachem tidal 110 they are both hot-rodded per corys vid. in my 75g i have 5 cherry barbs 8 rosy barbs 4 green barbs 6 tiger barbs 7 rummy nose, 5 monk fish,3 yoyo loaches,2 zebra loaches, 1 common pleco 6 inches,1 redtail shark. lots and lots of plants. ohh i have a power head inside the tank moving  water. tank has had fish in it for 8 months now. i have pothose growing out of my tank Aswell with high lighting.

Edited by scott the fishman
  • Like 2

Hey friend. I know you have been making some changes to your beautiful tank recently. Heavy plant trimming and surface disturbances and filter cleaning can sometimes cause small swings. I cannot help read your strip my tablet is old and skews numbers.  (I invest in fish stuff not tech 🤣) I think you are on the right track with a water change it should smooth itself back out. Looking forward to seeing the new floaters. 😁

On 2/25/2022 at 3:46 PM, Guppysnail said:

Hey friend. I know you have been making some changes to your beautiful tank recently. Heavy plant trimming and surface disturbances and filter cleaning can sometimes cause small swings. I cannot help read your strip my tablet is old and skews numbers.  (I invest in fish stuff not tech 🤣) I think you are on the right track with a water change it should smooth itself back out. Looking forward to seeing the new floaters. 😁

yes i just Rember'd i did squeez two lg filter sponge in my tank right befor i did the water change

• Like 1