Female endler laying at bottom of tank after having fry--normal?

Carrie Ford

She could be resting and recovering I have seen that in guppies right after birth. It is a possibility something went wrong during birth I have seen that as well in guppies. Keep an eye on her feed her high protein high fat foods (frozen bloodworms are good) to build her strength back up. If it goes too long more than a day there maybe an issue or if he does not eat. If she eats she is probably going to recover. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you both. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update -- she was indeed just resting and is fine now!  I did end up rehoming her and the other female -- they were making waaaay too many babies and I was tired of finding people on facebook marketplace to take them, lol.   I'm debating between getting a few more males so the 3 male endlers left are happier or rehoming them as well.    Somehow I ended up with a glolight tetra tank, despite not caring for the fish!  (inhereited 4 with the tank and one was a bully, so I got taller plants to block line of sight and then added 3 more when that didn't work... they are happier now, but now I have 7 glolight tetras.   They show up well on zoom calls though, so I don't hate them.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1