Corydora Paleatus with white patch

Mitch_ScruffyCityAquatics

I’m hoping someone can help me. I’ve seen this before and I’ve always lost a Corydora to it. The thing is I haven’t seen it in over a year maybe two. Here is the info:

Last week I added six green cories to the 75 gallon. They were hatched and raised by a friend of mine. A few days later I was given a CO2 DIY system. So there have been changes in this little guy’s life. 

Ive been watching my parameters closely after the changes. I tested after removing him and they were nitrates <50, gh 300, KH 120, ph 7.6. 

I’ve put him in qt with 1 tbs per 3 gallon salt. I’ve used this level before on cories, but he has started having trouble with his swim bladder. He has been in here for a few hours. 

Any ideas what it could be? Would you remove him from the salt? 

@Mitch Norton Have you by chance tested Ammonia? Often my cories would seem a little wobbly or drunk when there was any ammonia present. It could also be the salt since they are sensitive to that too. I would remove him from the salt and see if he is less wobbly.

Also, I notice his little whiskers seem short (it could be just the video) but often when they are sick you will notice that as well. 

As far as the spot on his head, it looks like his slime coat might be damaged which *could* be fungal? I'm not good with medications currently as it's been a very long time since I've had to use any, but I would definitely treat him, just not sure what with.

Sorry, that's probably not much help at all. 

On 2/15/2022 at 6:24 PM, AndreaW said:

@Mitch Norton Have you by chance tested Ammonia? Often my cories would seem a little wobbly or drunk when there was any ammonia present. It could also be the salt since they are sensitive to that too. I would remove him from the salt and see if he is less wobbly.

Also, I notice his little whiskers seem short (it could be just the video) but often when they are sick you will notice that as well. 

As far as the spot on his head, it looks like his slime coat might be damaged which *could* be fungal? I'm not good with medications currently as it's been a very long time since I've had to use any, but I would definitely treat him, just not sure what with.

Sorry, that's probably not much help at all. 

I did test ammonia and it was zero in both the 75 gallon and the quarantine tank. 

I know cories are sensitive to a lot of salt and/or prolonged salt. I’ve been told I can treat with it, but not for too long (I am thinking it was five days…? It’s so hard to keep up with these things and I can never find them later). I’m thinking I am going to remove him from the quarantine and put him back in the main. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 12:01 AM, Mitch Norton said:

Another view of what is going on. I hate to remove him if it is helping, but I am worried that it could over stress him  

E32AF6F0-81FD-4650-8E8A-370B20837557.jpeg

Looks like an injury that Possible develope a secondary bacterial infections

Edited by Colu
Typo
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2022 at 1:48 AM, Mitch Norton said:

Thanks @ColuDo you think the infection could be causing the swim bladder issues? Or have you heard of salt causing this reaction?

Cory are more sensitive to salt at 1 table spoon for 3 gallons you shouldn't have problems I haven't heard of salt affecting the swim bladder I would recommend doing I course of kanaplex or maracyn2