Cory Laid Eggs!!!

Fishy101

Hello! I just saw my green Cory lay bunches of eggs in my aquarium. It’s a ten gallon with some tetras (rosys and black phantoms, two other Cory’s, and a couple rasboras). I have never had baby fish before so I have no clue what to do but very excited!

I noticed when we got the Cory it was very fat but they never told us anything, and have had her for 2ish weeks. Added a bunch of plants yesterday, but some of them got uprooted and her eggs are on them, is that ok? They are also on the walls and some other plants.

I have so many questions:

when will they hatch

can they stay in that aquarium with the other fish

is having an aerator fine and do I need a sponge filter

should I leave the uprooted plants

food?

do I need another tank for them?

how many should I expect

how Should I do water changes

temperatue? (Right now it is at around 76.2 degrees)

and many more hahah 

I read that I have to take them out but I only have a little one gallon bowl right now and I don’t want to hurt them… so any tips 

Since I got her from the store recently she just laid and they are a whitish color, is that ok? Because some people said they should be more beige

Any information is much appreciated!

Edited by Fishy101
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Thanks. Here are some photos. I heard that if they are a whitish/translucent they are not fertilized, and since I’m not sure if I have males in my tank I’m not sure. When I got her I think she was already pregnant though… so not sure. Since they were just hatched is this normal and should I just watch them or are they not fertilized? 

3D33FD47-2D4A-4C00-8A20-900B633DFBAF.jpeg

D30D4EAB-880E-4152-882C-34AF99D74882.jpeg

F62590CA-F82A-4829-B82C-EFABC8C791E4.jpeg