Multi ciclid babies!!!

M...

So... I was feeding my multies some live grindal worms as a saw a baby( about the size of a grain of rice)  dart out, and back into the shell. I don't have any brine shrimp eggs (but I will buy some today) so I fed them some crushed up cichlid pellets. Only problem is I'm not sure if they have the instinct to eat it. What should I do now?

• Administrators
On 2/9/2022 at 11:34 AM, M... said:

So... I was feeding my multies some live grindal worms as a saw a baby( about the size of a grain of rice)  dart out, and back into the shell. I don't have any brine shrimp eggs (but I will buy some today) so I fed them some crushed up cichlid pellets. Only problem is I'm not sure if they have the instinct to eat it. What should I do now?

I have a couple of tanks of multis, and used to breed them to sell locally (at that time I may have had 4-5 tanks dedicated to multis). For the fry, they are large enough to eat crushed/finger-ground flake food. After a few weeks, they can take to nano foods like Xtreme Nano. Just make sure to add enough to where the small particles make it all the way down to the bottom of the tanks where the fry live. 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, Zenzo said:

I have a couple of tanks of multis, and used to breed them to sell locally (at that time I may have had 4-5 tanks dedicated to multis). For the fry, they are large enough to eat crushed/finger-ground flake food. After a few weeks, they can take to nano foods like Xtreme Nano. Just make sure to add enough to where the small particles make it all the way down to the bottom of the tanks where the fry live. 

Oh ok great, looks like they should be good then. Thank you for all of the help.

• Like 1