Plant dipping

Bob131

When I dip plants in a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution, do I dip the roots also? 
I’m attempting to take established plants from an aquarium that had an issue with black hair algae and put it in a new aquarium I’m setting up. Suggestions?

095A8798-6243-4AFE-B3DD-3284438BDFE6.jpeg

Im not sure about dipping, the option I was considering using was removing from tank, spraying plants with peroxide and letting them sit for 5 minutes to treat for filiment algea. Hope this helps

Edited by JoeQ
Clarity

I've never had any success with peroxide. Every time i tried it I ended up with melted plants.

Seachem Flourish Excel has been working for me to treat algae. I remove the plants, and either wipe some full strength Excel on the leaves, or I prep about a cup of water with 5ml Excel and I do a bath. On more durable plants, i gently rub with leaves a bit to try to loosen up the algae. Then after a few minutes of soak, i just return them to the tank.

Thank you very much for the great input! I can only have one Aquarium and I’m transferring plants from my old 54 gallon aquarium all the way up to a 55 gallon aquarium.  I’m trying very hard to make this Aquarium really nice.I truly appreciate the input From all three of you guys!