Pretty sure this is saprolegnia?

existentialmisery

I think my cat swiped this swordtail causing an injury and leading to the fungus growth. All other fish in my 60 are fine so I have no idea what would’ve caused this, the cat is the only thing I can think of. The fish has been isolated for a few days and I’m treating with ich-x (for the malachite green) and aquarium salt. He is still alive albeit just floating all over the tank. Any tips for treatment? I manually removed the fungus because I felt terrible for the poor fish. 

DC7D7008-054C-4F77-A74B-8CEADCADC75E.jpeg

0BB476BE-AACB-4F3D-AC1E-861356C61E61.jpeg

E34EC05D-2B6F-4DE2-AFB6-EA9180E55D80.jpeg

That look like saprolegniasis common fungal infection I would keep treating with ick x and salt you could do  Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for no more than 15 minutes 2-3 times a day as Epsom salt as excellent antifungal properties and add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties to heal speed up the healing process

Edited by Colu

So he’s alone in a 1 gallon with an air stone. He’s been holding on for 3 days — I can see he wants to live and I want to help him. I ordered meth blue too as I saw some said that can help too 🙂 

what do you recommend for a treatment with a 1 gallon? I could do a 3 gallon tank but the fish really struggles with swimming so I thought less water volume was best 

I would continue to treat with ick x if your seeing no improvement after a couple more days  then  I would  use the methylene blue and keep  adding aquarium salt as it helps with Gill function and add essential electrolytes to help reduce stress in your fish 

Edited by Colu