Chip Fracture on Inside of Tank

Carnivoran88

I just noticed a small chip on the INSIDE of my aquarium. It may be around 2mm and is shallow.

Although I am not worried about structural integrity, I cannot "unsee" it, so for cosmetic reasons, is there any fix? Tank is planter and has 10 fish and too many shrimp to count.

Below are pictures, but it is really hard to get the camera to focus on it and not the background.

PXL_20220116_235522778.jpg

PXL_20220116_235424171.jpg

On 1/17/2022 at 7:48 AM, Carnivoran88 said:

I just noticed a small chip on the INSIDE of my aquarium. It may be around 2mm and is shallow.

Although I am not worried about structural integrity, I cannot "unsee" it, so for cosmetic reasons, is there any fix? Tank is planter and has 10 fish and too many shrimp to count.

Below are pictures, but it is really hard to get the camera to focus on it and not the background.

PXL_20220116_235522778.jpg

PXL_20220116_235424171.jpg

Bummer! Unseeing it will be hard. Not sure about the sticker idea. Maybe the passage of time will lessen the impact and you can enjoy your beautiful tank without focusing on that small imperfection. 

I bought my 75G used. It has some deep scratches and a few nicks. Honestly, I haven't unnoticed them. But I did rotate my tank so that the worst and most central scratches were on the back side. So you could turn the tank around. Rescaping is the only tough part.

Haha yes exactly. It does not take them 24-48hr to repair, so in THEORY, it would be better than clear epoxy. I would have to drop the tank water level for 2 days. I think they would survive it. They made it through Hurricane Ida's power loss. Not sure if it is worth it though. I am trying to pretend it is a baby Malayasian Trumpet Snail crawling on the glass.....