Scratch at the bottom of my 5 gallons

Karen B.

Greetings!

I bought a new 5 gallons and it has 2 small scratches at the bottom, inside. I don’t feel it on both side, just inside. It’s not silicone as I tried to scrape it.

I don’t really care as it will be covered bby substrate but I just wonder if it compromise the solidity of the aquarium?

FE440413-C643-4B25-A95B-53A908493D18.jpeg

783A791B-1371-411B-B3E2-8E111D531CFF.jpeg

It looks like a surface scratch not a deep one that would compromise the integrity of the tank. I have some on my one tank from an eco complete/mag float incident 🙄. If it is just a surface scratch I would not worry. 5 gallons is only going to be roughly 50lb with substrate and decor spread relatively even. It would take a deep scratch to concern me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/8/2022 at 7:56 AM, Guppysnail said:

It looks like a surface scratch not a deep one that would compromise the integrity of the tank. I have some on my one tank from an eco complete/mag float incident 🙄. If it is just a surface scratch I would not worry. 5 gallons is only going to be roughly 50lb with substrate and decor spread relatively even. It would take a deep scratch to concern me. 

Thank you! 

And I feel you for the mag float incident. Had one of these on my main tank too. 😭

• Like 1