I need help with Co2 diffuser - I don't know anything about it.

Hi all, I wanted to install a co2 diffuiser in my aquarium after I saw one of Irene's videos showing she had a co2 diffuser and she has a low-tech tank so I'm confused. I thought co2 diffiusers were for high-tech tanks? How do you set one up? Can I use it for low-tech tanks? Will it make things more complicated? Just explain eveyrthing you know about co2 diffusers, I'm so confused, please help.Thank you in advance.

Well for one, Cory has said in the past that unless you have like 50 plants in your tank then you don't need a CO2 diffuser. All it will do is just make the plants grow faster, which can the tank to be a handful with trimming. Besides that, I know from when my mom set up her CO2 system that they can be a bit of a pain sometimes when it comes to finding that sweet spot of controlling how much CO2 it diffuses.

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2022 at 11:10 AM, HydraSlayer said:

Well for one, Cory has said in the past that unless you have like 50 plants in your tank then you don't need a CO2 diffuser. All it will do is just make the plants grow faster, which can the tank to be a handful with trimming. Besides that, I know from when my mom set up her CO2 system that they can be a bit of a pain sometimes when it comes to finding that sweet spot of controlling how much CO2 it diffuses.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to skip on the co2. I just had one quick question: how do you set it up and what parts do you need to set it up?