Is this wood safe for my fish?

Levi_Aquatics

I picked this nice piece of driftwood up at a beach on vacation. I have boiled as much of it as possible and scrubbed it with a new toothbrush. Should I do anything else or is it good to go?  Would this even be safe as it came from salt water?

30BDEC41-EE1C-469B-93FA-3ADBBECDD28C.jpeg

Edited by Levi_Aquatics

I just held each end in a very large pot for 15 min then I was able to stick the middle in the pot and I was also able to boil a few other branches and sections then I just poured boiling water on the places I couldn’t fit in the pot. Then I scrubbed it with a toothbrush. 

Edited by Levi_Aquatics

On 1/1/2022 at 5:41 PM, KittenFishMom said:
On 1/1/2022 at 5:41 PM, KittenFishMom said:

How do you boil long pieces like that? I can see sticking one end in a pot and propping the other against a wall, and hoping it don't tip. then doing the other end. But how do you do the middle?

Also how long to you boil it?

Sorry about that my phone is having problems

On 1/1/2022 at 6:13 PM, Gator said:

@Levi_Aquatics; Is it possible to put it in a bathtub of water for about six hours or longer?

I probably should have done that but I have already put it in my aquarium and attached some Java fern wendalov and Java moss to it. All the fish are doing fine so far but I will keep everyone posted. 

• Like 1