Feeding FD cyclops/daphnia

OnlyGenusCaps

Now that I have some fry to feed, I've been exploring a few different options.  Yes, I keep eyeing the Ziss Brine Shrimp Hatchery.  But I just don't need that sort of production yet.  I've had mixed feelings about the preserved BBS.  Fish love them.  Don't spill them!  🤢

Reading older suggestions, I've also been trying freeze-dried cyclops.  Now, I'm not super experienced with these.  So far I have tried two methods: 1. Open top and have it puff into the air.  Immediately breathe in a large quantity and cough loudly and vigorously for half and hour.  2. Pour a small scoop (thanks preserved BBS for the scoop!) on to the water surface near the agitation of the return from the sump.  Watch as they float nearly unnoticed at the surface until they are invariably sucked into the overflow and lost from the fish.

You may suspect this already, but neither of these means has proven to be very effective.  I've tried at least the second one with FD daphnia too.  So, I am curious if anyone has any tips for how best to deliver FD cyclops and daphnia to fry, you know, what are in the water.  I'm open to all suggestions. 

Thanks in advance!

When I started with my ziss hatchery I hatched 1/4 to 1/2 tsp at a time vs the 1 tbs it worked great. I had the same lovely freeze dried cyclops you had. I started using Luke warm water to rehydrate daphnia and cyclops before I poured in the tank. The cyclops was a yucky bust the daphnia a touch better but nothing beats the live bbs I fought tooth and nail not to get into hatching. I’m glad I did. Less mess less water changes easier in every aspect.