WillC's First Planted Tank

WillC

On 1/15/2022 at 2:23 PM, Patrick_G said:

I have two 3’ sections of wood in my 75’. They really tried to float but I super glued them to the surrounding rocks and that solved the problem. 

Did you use super glue like you would use for securing plants or was it a stronger version?

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is still patiently waiting for hardscape to get ready so I can rescape. Parameters are on point. Still looks like a hot mess, but most plants are happy.

I did switch from sponges to a Seachem Tidal 75. Its working ok. 

272016477_257457376463169_7440136421955982593_n.jpg

• Love 2

• 1 month later...

March Update:

Tank is still a work in progress. Current plants are just hanging out until I get my hardscape in so I can move things around and add more plants.

I did switch out my sponge filters for 2 Seachem Tidal 55s with Galaxy Glow Studio filter baffles.  Using Aquarium Coop Sponge Coarse Pad as the filter media instead of then matrix. It seems to be working really well so far!

Current Denizens:

Albino Bristlenose Pleco

Blue Mystery Snails

Random rams horn babies that came in with plants. 

2158B6DE-FF22-41A1-9C99-36022D551748.jpeg

Edited by WillC

@Pinesong 

I bought a little of this and that to try in the tank. It seemed to work. Only lost a couple species. Now I can narrow down what works for me. Today, I finished prepping my hardscape to add finally. It will go in soon with some new Buce. Things will be rearranged and replanted to make it a little more appealing to my eye.