Neon Tetras and Panda Cory issue after water change

Endless3

For testing I primary use the Aquarium Co-Op testing strips plus I user the API Master kit with GH KH tests as well.

For cycling the tank

After setting up the aqua scape I did a dry start for the 3 weeks 

After that I flooded the tank and added Fritz Zyme 7 Live Bacteria (Freshwater) 

I did a 50% water change everyday for the first week with adding Fritz Zyme 7 Live Bacteria (Freshwater)

then I did 20% every day for two  weeks 

after that 20% interment till I was out of Fritz

the then I let the tank sit for about a two weeks and started to see algae on the glass and hardscape. 

then I added fish 

I hope this helps @Torrey

On 12/19/2021 at 5:59 PM, Endless3 said:

For testing I primary use the Aquarium Co-Op testing strips plus I user the API Master kit with GH KH tests as well.

For cycling the tank

After setting up the aqua scape I did a dry start for the 3 weeks 

After that I flooded the tank and added Fritz Zyme 7 Live Bacteria (Freshwater) 

I did a 50% water change everyday for the first week with adding Fritz Zyme 7 Live Bacteria (Freshwater)

then I did 20% every day for two  weeks 

after that 20% interment till I was out of Fritz

the then I let the tank sit for about a two weeks and started to see algae on the glass and hardscape. 

then I added fish 

I hope this helps @Torrey

Hello.  Unfortunatly it sounds like your tank isn't cycled, which means it doesn't have a viable colony of beneficial bacteria.  In addition to the bottled bacteria you added (and there are differing opinions on whether or not it helps), the bacteria needs a source of ammonia.  That can be anything from straight ammonia (without any other ingredients like perfumes) to fish food to a piece of shrimp from the grocery store, to a few live fish producing waste (which is referred to as a fish-in cycle).

You typically don't do water changes using one of the first ammonia sources mentioned above, but do them often for fish-in cycles to keep the ammonia and nitrites from building up to a level that's harmful to fish.

• Like 1