Disease ID please!

SaltyFloridaGirl

I posted this a short while ago under the disease topic: 

I need some help in a bad way! My Albino Paradise fish has something going on that I cannot identify. It’s been going on for awhile now. I’ve looked at hundreds of photos and read almost as many articles. He is in a community tank and the only one that is effected. Eating and swimming normally. I’ve treated with Melafix and Top Fin’s bacterial & fungal treatment and it just seems to be getting worse. Please help! 

BFEC90F5-07DF-44DD-9E8F-34DB31FCA8D3.jpeg

5A7A0E9F-30D1-4BD3-BAB1-C0846692976D.jpeg

FE3D058B-85FC-48A8-8F62-DCD0F928E761.jpeg

E4F36BB9-006B-4FF8-8643-663A9A24398B.jpeg

On 11/26/2021 at 2:36 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

There should be directions to blend it with Focus to make medicated food.

There isn’t any instructions on the jar for oral treatments. I guess I’ll have to do some shopping. I don’t have any focus on hand. I’ve never had any problems to contend with before this so this is very new to me. 

On 11/26/2021 at 2:46 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

Screenshot_20211126-124628.png

Thank you for this! @Colu responded to my PM with this recipe. She also recommended furan2 or bifuran+ but they are impossible to find. It seems they’ve been discontinued. I managed to find a box of 10 packets but that only enough for 2 treatments in my big tank. Hopefully the 10g tank I ordered a week ago will be here soon so I can set up a hospital tank. If something doesn’t happen soon, I fear I’ll have to euthanize. 😢

Edited by SaltyFloridaGirl

Kanaplex is quite effective in the food. Definitely get your hands on some Focus, and mix into the food with Kanaplex. To be honest, don't go crazy trying to measure out perfect amounts. Just put and even sprinkle or two of each, and let soak into the food. I use Garlic Guard in the soak, as it can stimulate the feeding.

I have also used Maracyn 2 in the food, which is a good Kanaplex substitute.