Dither fish

BlueLineAquaticsSC

@BlueLineAquaticsSC You could do a dozen mollies. They can supply the aquarium with a never ending supply of babies that can be picked off by the cichlids. They are fast and they also can keep your algae in check. You can do an assorted bunch for a multitude of colors or you can stick to a particular color for a more streamlined look. Good luck! 

On 11/8/2021 at 7:40 AM, Colu said:

I no you said your not interested in silver dollars I would give tiger silver dollars a try they are stunning fish

Screenshot_20210702-215314~2.png

I do like the tiger ones, but I don’t want to pay that much for a dither fish.

On 11/8/2021 at 8:28 AM, Manny said:

@BlueLineAquaticsSC You could do a dozen mollies. They can supply the aquarium with a never ending supply of babies that can be picked off by the cichlids. They are fast and they also can keep your algae in check. You can do an assorted bunch for a multitude of colors or you can stick to a particular color for a more streamlined look. Good luck! 

Do you think Mollies could stand up to the cichlids? I had thought about doing swordtails since they are more aggressive but they are not as deep bodied as the mollies and that Bichir is there.

• Like 1

@BlueLineAquaticsSC Can’t say 100%, every fish is different. Personally I’d go with the silver dollars, there are some locales that are outrageous looking. If I was to go smaller, I’d go with giant danios, however since you said you didn’t want either, I’d experiment with mollies as they do get the largest. A swordtails aggression is no match for a CA cichlid, so I’d go with the larger of the 2 which are mollies, especially if you can find some adults. Check out aquarium coop latest videos (2 videos ago) to see how large they get, it’s pretty phenomenal. Good luck!