How fast do you think this duckweed will bounce back?

About a month ago I bought a good amount of duckweed off of etsy and I put it in a tank that, at the time, did not have a light. The only light it had was the overhead dining room light. Today I was able to give it a light as I got an upgrade for one of my other tanks and moved the old one onto this tank. Since then, the duckweed has been reduced down to about 2-4% of the original amount. How fast do you think it'll grow now that I have a small light on it? Will I be over run within a month? lol I also added a small bit of Java Fern to slowly grow on the dragon stone

IMG_8043.jpeg

IMG_8044.jpeg

I set up my tanks in late August as a single leaf of duckweed snuck in with a potted plant. I had bad lights for the first 4 weeks, then upgrades as you have. I have a nice small amount, but far from overrun. Interesting to note that the tank that gets 12 hours of light per day has more individual floaters, but very small. The tank that gets 8 1/2 hours has fewer, but much larger leafed plants. Same tank, same light. Bioload is probably also a factor. I don't think it will take too long to have your original amount before too long.

• Like 3