Triple Crown Convention

Desktop Aquatics

Maybe this post is early but I have a question about the super convention happening in Louisville in 2022. As a new aquarist I have never been to a convention let alone one of this magnitude, what should I be expecting if I due end up attending this event? Also any tips for booking rooms or planning for someone who has no friends in the hobby (yet!) going into this whole thing blind and naive. 

also who's going?!?!

Edited by Kyle C

On 10/30/2021 at 11:50 AM, s1_ said:

Havent heard of that one, will have to look it up.  I went to aquashella in orlando earlier this year, it was great.  Luckily for me it was within driving distance, about 2 hours away so I didnt have to worry about hotel stays etc.  I also only went for 1 of the days.

its the ACA, AKA, ALA and NA ANGFA conventions all at once, its in Louisville, July 2022. I saw an add on the ACA Instagram saying registration starts Sunday figured I ask on here if anyone had seen it or plans on going

On 10/30/2021 at 2:53 PM, Kyle C said:

its the ACA, AKA, ALA and NA ANGFA conventions all at once, its in Louisville, July 2022. I saw an add on the ACA Instagram saying registration starts Sunday figured I ask on here if anyone had seen it or plans on going

I am planning to go, but I've not been to any of the conventions in the past so cannot say what to expect. I am also interested in finding out what the field trips will be. I don't live far away so even if I can't go on all of them, I might learn about neat things in the area I wasn't aware of. I am also eager to attend the ALA auction and plan to have my QT tanks ready and waiting when I go.

I just went to the ALA convention in Miami and that was my first convention. The field trips were really the highlight in my opinion. Beyond that, there will be really informative talks, lots of booths where you can check out products and talk to reps, people selling plants and fish, etc. The auctions are also really cool and a great place to pick up interesting and rare fish at cheaper prices than you would find ordering online. I'm currently planning on going to Louisville, but TBD on how things might change between now and then. If you do end up deciding to go, DEFINITELY set up a few empty tanks and get them cycling before the event. You will 100% find something you fall in love with and want to bring home, and it's a lot easier to have a tank at home and waiting for your new acquisitions than it is to scramble and set something up when you get home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Coop fans and fellow aquarists! I'm bumping up this thread cause the Triple Crown ( https://convention.cichlid.org/ ) is just over a month away.

It sounds like the Coop will not have an official presence there but maybe we can form our own small contingent. Lets try and get a roll call of folks that are going. 

For anyone in the area or anyone considering going to a "fish convention" consider this one. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 11:03 AM, ScottieB said:

Coop fans and fellow aquarists! I'm bumping up this thread cause the Triple Crown ( https://convention.cichlid.org/ ) is just over a month away.

It sounds like the Coop will not have an official presence there but maybe we can form our own small contingent. Lets try and get a roll call of folks that are going. 

For anyone in the area or anyone considering going to a "fish convention" consider this one. 

Louisville native here, planning to attend Friday and/or Saturday!

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 7:25 AM, EnrichedFish said:

Anybody know if there is a single day admission available? All I see is the $75 pass for the whole five days. I could drive down on Saturday but can't make the rest of the show. Don't really want to shell out $75 for a single day.

I don't think there's a day pass. But the Killifish Association has them for 65, that should get you access to everything for a little less.

https://akaconvention.org/index.php/product/early-registration-ticket/