harleyquin rasporas and flow

HotTunaCartel

Anyone else have harleyquin rasporas that go nuts playing in the flow of a filter for hours per day?  

Would love to get some video but when I come up to the tank they go back to schooling.  Might put a gopro in there tomorrow and just let it run for some video.  

Edit: was able to get a video from a distance

Edited by HotTunaCartel
  • Like 1

My very first tank back in 1975 I had HOB filters that had a thin, angled tube as the return.  The harlequins used to hang out at the back of the tank and zoom straight up that angled stream, turn out, go back to the bottom, then zoom up again.  There was never any doubt in my tween mind that they were enjoying that flow!

I’ve seen it time and again, if there’s a straight flow anywhere in the tank, harlequins are going to swim against it.  They treat it like a playground!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 9:09 PM, Odd Duck said:

My very first tank back in 1975 I had HOB filters that had a thin, angled tube as the return.  The harlequins used to hang out at the back of the tank and zoom straight up that angled stream, turn out, go back to the bottom, then zoom up again.  There was never any doubt in my tween mind that they were enjoying that flow!

I’ve seen it time and again, if there’s a straight flow anywhere in the tank, harlequins are going to swim against it.  They treat it like a playground!

Thanks so much.  They have been doing it since I got them but tonight they were going wild, they took a break for 20 mins and have been back at it for the last hour.  

• Like 1