Hippos for kuhli loach..advice needed

Tiffany

I have about 8 K.L in my tank and a clown pleco. How do I get food to my clown without the hippos eating it all first? I put green beans in there (for ottos) and the kuhlis ate them. Then I put raphashy morning wood in there for the clown, kuhlis ate it, then I put waffers in there and the kuhlis ate them too!! I put several of everything in at different places and the hippos just run all over the tank eating!! They do not stay hidden during the day, instead they are all out actively swimming up and down the tank and all over the place, nor do they sleep at night once the light is out. They even go up to the top and sleep in the anubias I have for my betta..He gets so mad..😂

Anyway, I am at a loss and never see the clown eating. He did come out the other day and munch on a green bean for a second that the hippos hadn't got to yet. He looked washed out color wise. I don't want him starving because of those fat hogs. Any advise? Thanks in advance.

If you can figure out what the khulis really really really love, you can try putting that far away from the clown's food, so he can get an undisturbed moment. My khulis are fat fat fat. They eat the same flake and pellet everyone else gets, and seem happiest with that meaty stuff. They ignore the cucumber I put in for the otos. The otos seem to especially like the seedy center.

Okay I will start looking for something that they seem to like more then the other. I put live food in there for the tetras, betta and hatchett and they all went crazy over it. I will try to do that one night and feed the clown at the same time, at least try the frozen brine. 

Yes mine are fat as well!! 

My otos love the green beans! I didn't see them going after the cucumber but it could've been that I didn't give it to them several days in a row. Thank you!