Unwell Agassizii Corydoras

BenA

Hi all

One of my fish has a blotted stomach and eyes, it has lost colure and looks 'pale'. All other fish are fine and active.

Water parameters are:  

PH - 8           NH3 - 0        NO2 - 0          NO3 - 50       PO3/4 - 1       KH - 12       GH - 16       T - 24C / 75F.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Ben

On 10/24/2021 at 7:47 PM, Colu said:

Can you take a picture of the sick fish it will help with a diagnosis

Not easy as it is all the time at a dark part of the tank, also the lights are off for the next 14h. I am in the UK.

With out seeing a picture with the symptoms you describe the bloated stomach  can cause the eyes to protrude bloating can be caused internal parasites bacterial infection or constipation have you add anything new  to the tank resently  

On 10/24/2021 at 8:23 PM, Colu said:

With out seeing a picture with the symptoms you describe the bloated stomach  can cause the eyes to protrude bloating can be caused internal parasites bacterial infection or constipation have you add anything new  to the tank resently  

Nothing until today, this is when I have spotted the problem.

I would Qarantine  if you can and fast him for a couple of days and I would treat with Sera baktopur direct tables active ingredient is nifurpirinol a broad spectrum antibiotic it adsorbed thought the skin good at treating internal bacterial infection  to it also  help with the protruding eyes if it Popeye you can get it of Amazon or eBay

Edited by Colu

The fish was quarantine but died this evening.

I attach 3 photos, two show the fish on its own and the other as a comparison to an healthy fish. Am still interested to hear opinions regarding what could have gone wrong.

Thank you.

Cory .jpg

Cory 2.jpg

Cory 1.jpg

On 10/25/2021 at 11:54 PM, Colu said:

With bloating and the Popeye most likely an internal bacterial infection  but I can't be a 100% sure I would air on the side of caution and treat with Sera baktopur direct tables 

Thanks Colu.

I have suspected that it is internal infection but didn't know which med to use. Will buy the med. and keep in case something like this will happen again.

Thanks again

Ben