Least Killifish

Stacy Z

Totally noob so bear with me. Are Least Killifish removed enough to be in a tank with Endler without breeding together? Some say no but their a livebearer so I would assume yes. I personally don’t like conversations outside of this group. Many fish people can be mean and elitists! 

Oh ok sweet. I have N Class Neon Green and K Class Japanese blue. Not together obviously. Was just looking at another nano fish to breed into my LFS for other, accidentally stumbled upon them. Was a thought, I did read they don’t hold eggs and release them all at one time. It’s egg development release then repeat.  I’m also about to stumble into a 3rd aquarium here soon because I found the love of Gobies…the  of course one pipe dream retirement tank, discus as far as the eye can see. Lol 

Unfortunately not with N and K class Endler you don’t. That’s 10-15 dollar a fish vs 2 for a guppy. Plus N Class is becoming lost in the wild best to keep em natural. My thoughts personally. Not against you at all. 

Edited by Stacy Z

On 10/20/2021 at 5:00 PM, Stacy Z said:

Unfortunately not with N and K class Endler you don’t. That’s 10-15 dollar a fish vs 2 for a guppy. Plus N Class is becoming lost in the wild best to keep em natural. My thoughts personally. Not against you at all. 

I'm sorry if this turns out to be a massive bummer, but since you value keeping N class separate, I think I should let you know.

Your K class fish are actually the result of letting N class breed with guppies, instead of keeping them separate. 

Of course, they're also a *gorgeous* blue, and there's a ton of merit to preserving species being lost in the wild. Just wanting to share some info.

Oh, just a forum tip: If you hit the Quote button before replying, or include "@UserName" in your reply, then the person you're responding to will get a notification. Sorry about it taking me a couple days to see your reply.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:38 PM, CalmedByFish said:

I'm sorry if this turns out to be a massive bummer, but since you value keeping N class separate, I think I should let you know.

Your K class fish are actually the result of letting N class breed with guppies, instead of keeping them separate. 

Of course, they're also a *gorgeous* blue, and there's a ton of merit to preserving species being lost in the wild. Just wanting to share some info.

Oh, just a forum tip: If you hit the Quote button before replying, or include "@UserName" in your reply, then the person you're responding to will get a notification. Sorry about it taking me a couple days to see your reply.

I’m aware of the difference between N and K class. I understand that the K class is a hybrid. However K Class means that it’s now a standard accepted Hybrid in the Hobby and it shouldn’t be mixed either. They are both in separate tanks I’m quite aware. I currently have 2 tank up and running and starting a 3rd. I am preserving the N Class, I don’t understand your message? Nothing comes as a bummer! 

• Confused 1